Rise is an emerging fintech company changing the way Africans invest by connecting everyone to global dollar investments around the world. We are a team of skilled, collaborative, and talented people driven by growth and success.
Our mission is to empower our customers with quality dollar investment opportunities that help them reach their financial goals — we are making investing as simple and accessible for the average Nigerian.
About the role
As a Social Media Manager at Rise, you’ll be responsible for supporting the Marketing team in driving engagement, customer acquisition, and creating awareness across social media channels while supporting the implementation of Rise’s marketing and communications strategy.
You’ll take ownership of managing Rise’s online community on platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Telegram, and Twitter. In this role, you will strategically plan and execute social media campaigns in line with marketing objectives. This role is available remotely and onsite at our office located in Yaba. You’ll be reporting directly to our Communications lead and Head of Marketing.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Day-to-day management of Rise’s social media platforms, including using creative means to drive engagement and organic growth on all social media pages.
- Translate blog content for specific social channels
- Monitor and analyze conversations on social about Rise.
- Manage and build a strong, positive online reputation, proactively update platforms with posts on relevant subjects and respond to posts/comments appropriately.
- Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices, competitive activity, and other social media leaders to bring early adopter technologies and trends to Rise.
- Report and analyze monthly KPIs, including follower growth of social platforms, engagement, conversation, amplification, and leads across owned channels.
What we need:
- 1–2 years of experience managing social for a consumer-facing business or startup
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great content creation skill
- Creative and innovative, able to self start, organized, detail-oriented, team player, and solution-oriented.
- Proficiency in social listening and measuring.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Be highly engaged in and active on social media
- Average knowledge of investing and the finance industry
- Experience creating editorial calendars and social strategies
Who you are:
- A great communicator
- Someone with the ability to de-escalate tough comments/messages — Finance can be touchy, people get flustered when they think their money is in question. You will at some point need to de-escalate a comment or message.
- Someone who’s able to work on their own as well as in connection with a team
- Someone not afraid to ask questions and able to take direction.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘Social Media Manager’.
Rise is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer.